Discrimination in Education
Various federal laws prohibit discrimination in the realm of education on the basis of race, gender, age, national origin and other protected characteristics. Federal laws that ban education discrimination include Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act and various other statutes. This section includes articles covering the basics of education discrimination; how to file an education discrimination complaint with the government; an overview of federal laws; and related information.
- Understanding Education Discrimination
- Discrimination in Education - Federal Laws
- Educational Opportunities Discrimination FAQ
- Age Discrimination in Education
- Disability Discrimination in Education