"Civil liberties" typically include basic rights and freedoms that are guaranteed by law -- either explicitly identified in laws and constitutions, or interpreted through the years by courts and lawmakers. Choose a link from the list below to learn more about different types of civil liberties.
Rights Related to Criminal Justice:
- Your Rights in the Criminal Justice System
- Juvenile Crime and Juvenile Justice
- Your Auto and the Police: Traffic Stops
- Police Misconduct and Civil Rights
- Prisoners' Rights and Resources